Sunday, July 4, 2010

There is no Z in Boise

My second AAMVA regional conference was Region IV in Boise, ID.  Now, I have to say that going to Boise had its down sides on the travel there.  Oscar and I had a 3 hour delay in Salt Lake City.  It was not fun but finally we made it to Boise.

On the first day they showed us a clip of Jewel singing a song and how there is no Z in Boise.  It was quite humorous.  Besides the great networking opportunities and information learned, we had plenty of time for fun as well.  Boise was a beautiful place with tons of greenery.  They had a day trip planned...well actually 3...you could go white water rafting, on a wine tour or golfing.  Oscar and I chose to go white water rafting.  It was a BLAST, but FREEZING.  3 of us in my group jumped in the water willingly and it definitely woke you up.  It was around 55 degrees but so much fun.

One of the nights they had a Basque Block Party where we dined on paella and spanish beers/wines and also enjoyed Basque entertainment!

I also got to see the infamous Boise State blue field and visited the State Capitol.  I will post pictures later that Oscar was so kind to take.  As soon as we got back, Tracy was there to pick me up so we could immediately head up to Hot Springs for the 4th.  However guess what....the airlines lost my bags again so now I have pretty much nothing to go with me on my trip...stay tuned to find out about the 4th.

No comments:

Post a Comment