Saturday, August 1, 2009

Baby Steps and More

Yesterday our good friend Cass came to town to meet Abby for the first time. I got off early and met Cass at home. She commented on how Abby was using me like a jungle gym and sure enough I looked down and she was climbing on me. I put my finger in her mouth just to see how the 'bumps' were doing and where there were bumps were now actual teeth coming in! It seems like both her bottom teeth are coming in at the same time.

Some more exciting news is that Abby has officially taken her first steps. I went in to work today to catch up on some things and then Tracy called. He said that Abby had taken 3 steps to get to him without holding on to anything! I was so proud of my baby girl for taking her steps before 11 months and for doing it while Austin and Riley were still here. They wanted her to walk sooooooooooo badly before they left at the end of the summer. Now, while being a proud momma, I teared up and almost started crying because I was sad at the same time. Sad that I wasn't there to see my baby bug take such a big milestone.

Tracy has no pictures and she is taking a nap now so I will try to 'catch her in the act'. Instead I will close with a song from the wonderful movie Dirty Dancing:

The night we met I knew I needed you so.
And if I have the chance I'd never let you go.

I know a little cheesy but that is how I totally feel about my little Abby. She has changed our lives so much and I don't know what I would do without her in it. Okay...promise my next post will not be so emotional :).

2 comments:

  1. You're a Mom. You are allowed to be emotional about your baby bugs. There would be something wrong with you if you weren't. Yeah for Abby and her 1st steps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mel. Tell L-Dub he can come down here and find tons of pets :)!

    ReplyDelete