Monday, July 20, 2009

Swim Lessons - Day 1

I know it has been a while since I posted....and I really do feel bad...but, it is so hard to want to get on the computer at the end of a long day at work and then playing with the kiddos....sooooooooo sue me :) lol.

Today was another first for Abby....swim lessons. Let me start by saying that my chunk o'monk really loves the pool. She is complete opposite of her sister at this age. We went to the pool the other day and Abby almost got out of her floating ring...she bout near scared the poop out of me when she did it. So......today was swim lessons for all the kiddos. Austin was in the deep end with the big kids, Riley was doing her first swim lesson without one of us and Abby was in the pool with Dad while I took pictures. Riley was ready to show off for the teacher and quickly blew bubbles and went under water and kicked like a champ. Austin was a swimming fool (although I think this level might be a little much for him, but the teachers will bump him down if they think it is necessary). Abby was with a group of about 5 other babies ranging from 15 months to 10 months (she was the 10 month old). Tracy could not keep that girl from screaming with joy and splashing all about. The other babies looked around and were perfectly still, but my child was trying to jump out of Daddy's arms and into the pool. We had to cut the swim lessons short today due to really really bad weather that hit out of nowhere. While the other babies were dry from the waist up, my little sweetie was completely drenched. So all in all I think swim lessons were a success with everyone today and they all want to go back tomorrow...whew!

On a side note, my child has developed this crutch for her little stuffed animal named Hippo. He is a bright orange and blue and green ...what else...hippo! His little neck is almost wrung from where she carries him around all the time. She has completely replaced Maurice. Poor guy! If she sees her Hippo she will almost jump out of our arms and rush towards it. If she is playing she will play with one hand while holding Hippo in the other. If she is eating and we try to take Hippo out of her hand she will scream bloody murder. She loves her Hippo...more on him later.

I will post swim pics tomorrow hopefully and Hippo pics too. I am too lazy to run to the car in the pouring rain to get the camera out of the car :). I will melt because I am sooooo sweet lol.

I will give a shout out to my sis-in-laws blog so everyone should go read up on the lovely OK James family...ohfudgesicles.blogspot.com.

Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment