Saturday, November 28, 2009

Thanksgiving and the day after

Thanksgiving this year was not spent at the James's household eating orange salad and lots of other Joyce goodies. Instead, it was spend mostly at the TAMU campus tailgating before the A&M vs t.u. football game.
All of us (Austin, Abby, Tracy and I) went out to tailgate around noon with everyone. Each person brought a holiday dish. We shared our Thanksgiving dinner with the Pucketts, the Fosters, the Puryears, the Beyers, the Schooley/Emerson clan, Kevin, Eddie and others. After we finished dinner the Abbster and I went home so she could relax and take a nap. Tracy and Austin stayed and then went to the game (which we did pretty good in). Abby and I went with the Crocker Garza clan to see the Christmas lights at Central Park. We put Abby in the wagon for the first time and she was not a fan :(.
She got used to it, but tried to get out several times along the way.



I went to bed early that night and then the next morning I got up at 3 a.m. to SHOP!!!!!!!!!! I absolutely love going out shopping the day after Thanksgiving. It is something I have been doing since I was about 4 or 5. It started at Goudchaux's and cracker jacks with mom and now has turned into Sarah and I's tradition. Crockpot joined in this year and we shopped until we dropped. I was home by about noon and talked Tracy and Austin into Casa Ole (hey) for lunch. That afternoon/evening we decorated the tree and house before Austin left the next day.
Our tree we have is the same tree that we used while I was growing up. I believe my parents got it when I was 2 so it is a pretty old tree, but still looks good!

No comments:

Post a Comment