Friday, January 16, 2009

I have joined the cult of blogging!

So I am joining the world of blogging!

I have been actively following our good friends, the Stafins, blog that I started to realize that it would be a great way for me to let everyone know what was going on in our life (especially since most of my family is not on facebook or myspace).

So my first post will be a smorgasbord of information.

Tracy and I got married on August 5, 2006. With this life changing moment, I became an instant mom and have two wonderful children from his first marriage, Austin (11) and Riley (3).

On January 1, 2008 Tracy and I discovered that we were going to add another to our brood. On Friday, September 5, 2008 at approximately 8 pm, Abigail Lindsey James was born. She was 9 lbs 5 oz and 21 inches long. Below to the left is Abby the day she was born and the picture to the right shows her at Christmas (almost 4 months later). She is our chunky monkey!

At her 4 month checkup she was only in the 95th percentile for her weight! She was at 16.5 lbs. She has grown in length too. Instead of the 70th percentile she was in the 75th percentile at 25 inches.
On Christmas Eve she gave Tracy and I a present.....she rolled over and we haven't been able to stop her since. The only issue with her rolling over is that she does not know how to roll back from her tummy to her back and she will eventually get frustrated and then get mad if you turn her over. A typical girl already...not knowing what she wants! lol
Tracy is up in Richland, WA right now visiting Austin and Riley. We decided that Abby shouldn't travel right now...or more like we didn't want to travel with all of Abby's entourage (stroller, car seat, car seat base, pack and play, etc)! Tracy took the camera so I will post pictures of the kids when he gets back next week.
Our friend, Jamie, watches Abby during the day while I work. She has a daughter, Alex, who was born almost 2 months earlier than Abby. She is Abby's second momma while I am away. Abby just loves playing with Alex.........although, we just got a ransom email from Alex stating that she was holding Abby's monkey, Maurice, ransom since we accidentally left him there. Oh well, there will be plenty more stories as we go along, no need for me to keep typing a book right now :)







No comments:

Post a Comment